Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I've got a carrot in my facsinator... darlingk!






So today was the annual staff memorial day ski race. Now I will admit it, I am not a fabulous skier and even after 3 months down here I am no where near hot dogging it down the slopes just yet. But my boss convinced me to go in today's race which is more of a laugh then anything, but still involves going down a ski course (the Rosi Racecourse) one at time, through 12 gates with everyone watching. How it works is that you do the course twice and you have to try and do it in the same time. You are in a team of 2, and so the difference in your two runs are added together to get your final score. This is my kind of race - they don't call me slow and steady smith for nothing!

I went with Haig, our wonderful sticks/tripod carrier who is a fanatstic skier. And when I say went, I mean I entered him and I last night at 4.55pm (the shut off for entry forms was 5pm) and told him this morning. His reaction was - we don't have to actually ski together do we?! After from being completely offended, i laughed and then told him he had to wear a dress too in the 'racing theme'. Me on the otherhand, resurrected the old hot pink one piece and added a fascinator to the outfit. The funniest part was that I made it down the run safely and poor old Haig stacked it - so I don't think I will be drinking from the cup tonight!


So the results still aren't in just yet, but I am not holding my breath. But as you can see from the pics it was a really fun day with everyone dressing up and the Ouzo was flowing straight from the bottle to the lips at the starting line!

Sim x

No comments: