Total Pageviews

Monday, August 27, 2007

Cabin Fever – CURED!

So after moaning about suffering from a severe case of cabin fever after being in the village, living on top of people 24/7 for 3 months, I finally escaped and feel 1,000% better. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I don’t love this place because I absolutely do but when you know every person you pass on the street, including their family lineage, then it becomes a bit much. Beside, my house has turned into a junkyard thanks to the two lifties and ski patroller I live with. I now refer to it as the 'bog of eternal stench'. But I can’t get into just how bad it is just now as I might cry and spiral back into my bout of cabin fever.

So when I escaped, I jumped in the car and drove to Canberra. Who thought Canberra would be an oasis of entertainment and a shopping mecca. How my perspectives have changed! I briefly saw my Mum who was taking her class to Questacon and then I shopped until I literally dropped, mostly due to being weighted down by bags and credit card receipts! What can I say, I had three months shopping down time to catch up on.

Then it was back to my gorgeous hotel room (courtesy of my boss who had been witnessing my downwards spiral due to lack of sleep and household hygiene) and after swan diving onto my big queen bed like a true princess, I ordered room service and watched TV (something I hadn’t done in ages) and ate my citrus cheese cake whilst painting my toe nails. It will go down in history as the best, most self-indulgent day I have had all year.

The next day, after doing the walk of shame by myself to the breakfast buffet – ALONE – I met up with my gorgeous Aunt who drove down to see me and had lunch and another round of shopping.

So am back now, staring out at the slopes, feel like my old self again. And the best news… I am moving into the flat next-door with the stunning Fifi my partner in crime in absolutely everything in a few nights. Amen, the accommodation god hasn’t forgotten me after all!

Sim x

No comments: