Total Pageviews

Friday, August 10, 2007

What does your beanie say about you?

One thing I have discovered as I sit here and day dream out the office window at the skiers and boarders on Friday Flat is that you can read lot into what people wear, especially on their heads. After hours of contemplation, this is what I have come up with. I warn you now, this is deep beyond belief and may make you think twice before you reach for a beanie…

HEADBAND – GIRLS
I have nice hair, I want you to see my nice hair because it took me two hours to straighten my nice hair to make it look nice. If it rains and my hair goes frizzy I will just die!

HEADBAND – BOYS
One of two scenarios: I have big ears and nice hair, or I think that I am cool enough to pull-off girls’ headwear without looking like a chump.

BEANIE WITH POM POMS
I had such a good childhood that I want to dress like I did when I was 5 years old. Anyone for a cordial?

BEANIE WITH EAR-FLAPS
If I wasn’t wearing a beanie I would probably be wearing a trucker cap or an akubra – now watch me crush an empty beer can on my forehead.

BEANIES WITH A VISOR
I am hoping everyone will follow suit, making this the fashion item of the season - if only I could see where I was going.

FUR HAT
I didn’t have enough money for a trip to St Anton’s in Austria and in my tantrum-like state when my sugar daddy said we were only going to the Australian ski fields I forgot to pack my Prada beanie so this dead possum on the side of the road was all I could find to keep my head warm.

HOODIE
You can find me at the terrain park 24/7 and chances are my pants will be sitting awkwardly around my waist showing just a hint of boxer and an inch of butt crack to entice the ‘ledies’.

POINTED BEANIE
No, I don’t think I am Noddy, I just couldn’t find a mirror to check my beanie fit when I bought it, or it was a gift from my girlfriend who is skiing with me now.

NO BEANIE
I have never been skiing or boarding before. You will find me at Friday Flat, on my butt and freezing cold.

HELMET
My mother/father/girlfriend/wife said I couldn’t go riding without it.

FUNNY HAT
If I am over the age of 10, I must be working with kids, on a bux weekend to the slopes or the world’s biggest attention seeker.

And for the record, I am a proud owner of just about every single type of beanie described above – except for the Fur Hat as that’s just ridiculous. So what does that say about me? If I was being objective, I’d say that maybe it means that I am indecisive and haven’t found my niche on the slopes but truthfully it means I am ‘huge girl’ who likes to shop and colour co-ordinate at all times.


Sim x

No comments: