Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunrise in the Snowies

I have finally come to terms with the early morning starts here at work as a snow reporter. After two months you’d certainly hope so, but I never professed to be an early morning person. OK, maybe that’s a slight fib and in fact in my job interview when asked whether I was an early morning person I smiled sweetly and said, ‘of course!’. Well, the job interview was at 7.30am in the city so surely that proved I was a morning person because not only was I on time, could string a sentence together and was looking presentable, except for that pillow-case crease mark running down my left cheek, but I was obviosuly convincing enough to get the job! So what more screams ‘morning person’ than all those things, oh and maybe a gym bag to prove I’d already squished in a gym session’ at some crazy hour. But the truth of the matter was that not only did my alarm not go off that morning (clearly not a user error!), leaving me running ridiculously late but then I had to get a lift to the train station from my mother (god love her, who drove me in her pyjamas like only a mother would), so I didn’t miss the train altogether!

So you get the idea of how much of a morning person I am NOT, right? Right. So starting work at 5.30am four times a week has been challenging to say the least, especially when you are on local radio and national TV starting from 6am. Well, this is why this picture is so special as I snapped it at work of the sun rising over the snowie mountains just as a crow flew past (also photographic evidence of my being a morning person now). It’s so wonderful to be up at this crazy hour of the day and get to witness the start of a new day – wow was I missing out before. I never thought I’d say that.

Anyway, I miss you all heaps and am coming back for a few days to Sydney soon so hope to catch up then.


Sim x

No comments: