Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cougars and kittens... what the?

You learn something new every single day, especially when living with guys. I will never understand how the male mind works but I am at least trying to get an insight into it. However, the other day I learnt something so funny I had to share it - it's called the Cougars vs. Kitten syndrome and it is writh in the snow.

The idea is that men fall into two categories - guys that go for cougars or guys that go for kittens. A kitten is a attractive girl younger in age then the guy which I guess makes sense but a cougar is an older woman who is out on the prowl, knows what she wants, money and goes for younger men! Know any of these women?

Well, there are a few prowling the mountain, I can tell you. I witnessed it first hand at the pub the other night. There is some clever (at least the guys seemed to think it was clever), acronym for cougar too like "Cut, Older, Unattached, Girl, Attractive and Randy"! Trying saying that after a few beers!

So, at this same night at the pub during an apres ski session a cougar decided to direct her anger at me and went up to the guy I was talking to and said loud enough so I could here, "Really, is she even legal!" implying that I was underage (yes, it's that baby face again!). I was shocked and appalled and went up to her and introduced myself - I figured it was the least i could do. "Hi," I said, "My name is Simone and I am 24." Well that shut her up and the cougar retreated to the cave she had crawled from!

The moral of today's story - watch out for the cougars they can be vicious towards the kittens but they forget kittens have claws too! That's one for the younger generation - meoow.

Simone x

No comments: