Total Pageviews

Monday, June 11, 2007

'Tis the season to be jolly

The 2007 winter season kicked off this past long weekend and what a cracker it was! We had sunshine, smiles, stacks and... drum roll please... snow! What more could a snow reporter ask for.

I have managed to squeeze in 3 days on the gorgeous slopes of Thredbo. I have definitely found my snow legs again and am carving it up on a base of fresh natural and manmade snow. Gosh, I really do sound like a reporter don't I?! It's hard to drop the lingo when you have been churning out radio, TV and print snow reports from 5.30am this morning. I never thought I would know what a bonk bin was and no, it's not what it seems.


Snow showers are forecast for the rest of the week which is terribly exciting. My goal this season is too learn to snow board.


Once I catch up on some much needed beauty sleep I shall report back with my latest adventures both on and off the slopes as the apres ski sessions are just warming up.


Hope to see you on the slopes of Thredbo

Simone

P.S. Bertha the backpack sends her love. She is enjoying a peaceful rest under my bed.

No comments: