Total Pageviews

Monday, June 18, 2007

Snow glorious snow

The 2007 season may only just be gearing up but we had 30cm of snow in the last 24hours! Awesome. The picture is from High Noon looking back down to Thredbo village.

I had a great time skiing yesterday, I knocked off work at 2pm (keeping in mind I started at 5.30am so don’t be too jealous) and headed straight to the slopes. There was top to bottom skiing to be had at High Noon which is a blue/intermediate run and I had my first solo stack! And the worst part was, I made it all the way down the steep bits and then on the flatest, of flat bits I just zoned out and got my skis tangled up – typical! I think I was dreaming of what I could get up to that night.

Now I must clarify when I say I had my first solo stack because I had a stack with my friend the other day when we literally headed straight for each other and instead of turning, we both screamed like the big girls that we are and collided and just rolled down the hill as we caused an avalanche of blonde hair! It would have been quite a sight.

So, I am tossing up whether to hit the slopes again this afternoon or go to the gym because one of the major draw backs of working down at the snow seems to be the amount of hot chips, hot chocolate and schnapps I seem to consume on a daily basis. If I wrote it down each time I am sure I would be appalled.

On that note, I am going to have lunch! I will have to get some will power and say no to the chips. Hmmm… but they taste so good.
See you x

1 comment:

Pru said...

ah Simmy! it's bringing back memories of chips and mayo in Verbier! I vote for not going to the gym...