Total Pageviews

Friday, June 15, 2007

The best fun on two skis...

Greetings from the Snowies,

Another day, another stack-free run on the slopes.

For those readers of my good friend Pru’s blog will know that we all went on a wonderful ski trip to Verbier in Switzerland in January. This was the most amazing trip and we stayed in a gorgeous ski-in and ski-out chalet. Of course for me, the rookie skier, that was quite challenging on day 1 but by day 7 I was fanging it down.

So I now have all my own ski gear and have had two refresher lessons here in Thredbo and proud to say that I can confidently and quickly do a parallel turn. So not only do I look the part but I am slowly becoming the part too! Thank goodness for that.

The only near miss I had on the slopes was when my friend Fiona fell over and I turned around to laugh and nearly collided with a cute Ski patroller! Luckily he knew what he was doing and did a quick turn and got out of my path otherwise I may have ruined my track record and bruised my bottom and my ego!

So it’s Saturday and I am itching to get out on the mountain. I wake up to it out my window and my office is right on the beginner’s trail of Friday Flat. I am going to abandon you for the mountain once again. I hope I haven’t jinxed myself.

Simone xx

No comments: