Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Why fashion clouds common sense

If there is one thing I have learnt this week, it's that heels and snow don't mix. It might sound damn obvious to some people, and in retrospect it does to me too, but I thought I was above the law of slipperiness - well I hoped I was and tried my luck going outa few nights ago in a pair of heeled boots. Really, you can't blame me all that much. I have worn my Oliver, steel capped thick tread boots for a whole month now and I am a real 'girlie girl' when it comes to fashion and these things are hideous and wouldn't even send the most insanely foot fetished feign into a frenzy.

So, I thought heck, we are going out for a nice dinner, it is time to leave the boots at home with Bertha the backpack. Boy, did I pay! I guess I also choose to fogrget there is a big set of stairs and steep driveway leading down from my apartment to the road and with the day before's fresh 20cm of snow - this was never going to be a good idea.

I literally slipped and slide the whole way down, cursing my heart out whilst I had flashbacks of doing the same thing in Verbier Switzerland 5 month's earlier (Pru and Shell will back me up on this one) and having to, yes I admit it, crawl home on my hands and knees after a big night out and that driveway was three times the length of this one. Mind you, I think that was part alcohol induced too!

So, how was I ever going to get back home later that night? The answer was pretty much the same way as I did in Verbier - crawl. Since then I have learnt that boys do have their advantages and have since been piggy backed and winched via a human chain up the driveway! Great look that. Then, miracle hit, I was relaying this story to my much wiser boss who filled me in on a trade little secret - wear your ugly boots and carry your heels in a bag... genius!

Tonight, I am planning a big night out as I have the next day off so I am going to comfortably walk down the driveway with my ugly boots on but with my heels tucked safely under my arm. As for the walk back up later tonight, well I guess I will still be crawling up that damn driveway, you can't blame everything on heels!

x

No comments: