Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2007

Hideously Hot

Saturday night was the Viva Glam Party at the Lake Jindabyne Hotel. It was meant to be a fundraiser and although I am sure they raised a substantial amount of money for the up and coming winter athletes, the focus of the night was solely on what everyone was wearing.

As you can see from the pic, my wingman Miss Fifi aimed to look hideously hot – and that we did. Think the love child of Cindy Lauper in all her 80s flouro glory and the soccer mum from hell with a fetish for parachute material tracksuits and you have our outfits down to a tee. The theme was glamorous outrageous but I think we got too caught up in the outrageous factor. I have never worn a one piece ski suit before and I hope I never have to – those things are a nightmare to get off to go to the toilet! Thank goodness I had to work the next morning at 8am and couldn’t drink (yes, sadly I don’t have to be blind drunk to dress and dance like an idiot!).

My little secret was I wore my one piece inside out – it was hot pink inside and looked so much


better then the gross green and purple design on the inside. I thought I was so clever until someone pointed out I forgot to cut the tag off the back – ha ha! I got dared to reverse it halfway through the night and reveal my secret identity but I got too carried away and forgot. Plus, it would have taken about 20 minutes to squeeze in and out of again! However, I did find a receipt in the pocket. I checked the date and this hot little number was last worn at perisher Blue in 1996 – 1996! Someone actually wore this 11 years ago!

It was such a fun night. So many people went to a huge effort. Standouts were Super Mario, and the Evil Cannevil twins. The DJ played some quality 80s disco all night and I think I burnt a hole in the bottom of my green Converse chuck tailors from all the running man moves I did.

So the million dollar question, did anyone touch the one piece? No, no they didn’t’. But in the ‘touch the one piece game’ I wrote about last time, I must have received a big bonus of 10 points for wearing one! That should bring my tally to about 12.

Have a good one and do what I say, not what I do!

Simone

No comments: